- Music score and piano roll notation makes it fun and easy to learn.
- Play the 50 songs included in Chordana Play, or add MIDI files.
Chordana Play generates a music score from the MIDI file and detects chords, too, making it easy to learn two-handed piano pieces.
- Practice anytime and anywhere on your smartphone or tablet.
- Or, use an audio cable to connect a compatible keyboard to your smartphone or tablet, and practice using light-up keys and step-up lessons.
Music score and piano roll notation make it fun and easy to learn!
Chordana Play displays the music score and piano roll notation for built-in songs and MIDI files. With MIDI files, you can select which tracks to play with your left and right hands, or you can assign the melody to the right hand and chords generated by the app to your left hand. Slow the tempo down, transpose to a key that is easier to play, and with the AB repeat function, take lessons (practice) at your own pace.
You can take three-step lessons using the virtual on-screen keyboard. Select from 128 kinds of tone quality. Plus, a scoring system lets you keep track of your progress.
Use the 50 built-in songs or import standard MIDI files
Play one of the 50 songs included in Chordana Play, or add MIDI files.
Chordana Play can generate a music score from the MIDI file and detect chords, too, making it easy to learn to play two-handed piano pieces. You can search for and download MIDI files using the browser on your smartphone or tablet, then import them directly into Chordana Play. You can also import MIDI files from your computer to Chordana Play.
*A music scores from the MIDI file is generated automatically, and therefore the score shown may differ from the original music score.
Practice anytime and anywhere with the virtual keyboard
Using the virtual keyboard displayed on your smart device, you can take a three-step lesson while following the music score and piano roll. The scoring feature makes mastering a song even more fun.
Keyboard link function
When you connect your smartphone or tablet with an audio cable(*1) to a compatible keyboard(*2), the melody and chord names can be sent along with the audio signal(*3). With a light-up keyboard, the keys corresponding to the correct notes light up as the MIDI file plays, helping you to play along(*4). Plus, the song data can be saved on the keyboard, allowing you to practice step-up lessons without needing your smartphone or tablet.(*5)
- *1: Stereo mini to stereo mini cable required.
- *2: Compatible with Casio LK-265, CTK-2500, CTK-2550, and CTK-3500 keyboard models. CTK Series keyboards do not offer Key Lighting.
- *3: Song audio is sent using the left channel of the smart device stereo output, while the melody and chord data is sent on the right channel.
- *4: On the CTK-3500, notes and chords for the melody are shown on the LCD.
♦If using right-hand (melody) and chord data, up to approximately 720 notes of the right-hand part can be transferred to the keyboard, assuming two chords per measure for 200 measures.
♦If using right-hand (melody) and left-hand (accompaniment) data, up to approximately 960 notes can be transferred.
♦If non-note MIDI data (patches, pedals, etc.) is included, this reduces the number of notes that can be transferred, leading to potential errors even if the approximate limit of 720 or 960 notes is observed.